Imagine yourself perusing the wares at a neighbourhood souk; Moroccan delicacies, spices, oils, nuts, cakes, sweets, and biscuits abound. Now throw together a North African feast in your own home that will have your neighbours expecting their invites.
Starters and sides
1. Salmon pastilla with salad and salmon roe - inspired by the pastillas of Morocco. A pastilla is a pastry that can be served as a starter or a light main meal.
2. Lamb, lentil and chickpea harira soup - A traditional, filling winter warmer soup or an appetising starter.
3. Moroccan chicken and lemon soup - Piquant soup to please the senses and tantalise your tastebuds.
4. Vegetable brochettes - Marinated veggie kebabs, brilliant on the braai or grilled in the oven.
5. Moroccan bread salad - Popular throughout the Middle East, this vegetarian bread salad or Fattoush is both tasty and filling.
6. Shakshouka - Eggs poached in spicy tomato relish. Makes a great vegetarian accompaniment or main.
7. Moroccan brinjal and pepper stack - A fragrant, spicy vegetarian dish topped with yoghurt and pistachio nuts.
8. Moroccan grilled pineapple and couscous salad - A superb vegetarian couscous dish with a tropical bite.
9. Couscous with chermoula and tahini - A simple vegetarian dish, loaded with African flavour.
10. Chermoula - A marinade popular in North African cuisine.
11. Lemon preserve - Spicy, salted preserve with a zing.
12. Moroccan spiced sweet potato stew - A hearty vegetarian stew.
13. Moroccan spiced spinach and chickpeas - Spicy and fragrant, this dish is perfect for vegetarians.
14. Moroccan meatballs in tomato sauce - Seasoned meatballs simmered in an aromatic tomato sauce.
15. Moroccan coffee and cardamom lamb - Try this amazing combination for a wonderful lamb dish on the braai.
16. Moroccan lamb with date and pistachio couscous - A fragrant, African-inspired dish.
17. Moroccan lamb and aubergine tagine - A tagine is named after the earthenware pot in which it is cooked. Layer upon layer of flavour and spices.
18. Lamb tagine with figs and walnuts - A lovely dish, bursting with African aromas.
19. Succulent lamb tagine - Served with citrus, coriander and pine nut couscous.
20. Moroccan orange and date tart - A sweet and citrusy teatime treat.
21. Baklava - This is a rich, sweet treat made of layers of phyllo pastry filled with chopped nuts and sweetened and held together with syrup or honey.
22. Moroccan honey almond pastries - Sweet and syrupy, enjoy this honey pastry with a glass of mint tea.