If you've ever been to Thailand, you will certainly have fond memories of the fresh, flavourful, and affordable food. Whether strolling through a night market, grabbing a quick bite at a mom 'n pop restaurant on the side of the road, or luxuriating at a resort, Thai food never disappoints.
A quick hop to your local Asian supermarket may just inspire the themed dinner party of the season. Here are our top picks for the menu:
1. Thai chicken and coconut soup - This Thai dish is also known as Tom Kha Gai.
2. Tom yum soup - A spicy starter loaded with prawns.
3. Thai spring rolls - A classic Asian aperitif.
4. Thai green papaya salad - The epitome of the classic Thai sweet vs. sour dish, Som Tam delivers a tangy, sweet punch with a texture and crunch that is incredibly refreshing.
5. Chicken satay - Tender chicken pieces accented by a rich and creamy dipping sauce.
6. Thai corn fritters - Love at first bite!
7. Thai rice paper wraps - A fresh and appetizing canapé, suitable for vegetarians.
8. Shredded cabbage salad with chilli-lime dressing - with crunchy noodles and refried peanuts.
9. Thai green curry - A fresh, exemplary Thai favourite
10. Thai yellow curry - Thai yellow curry paste is so versatile, you'll want to try it with a variety of meat, seafood, noodle and soup recipes.
11. Thai red salmon curry - A deliciously spicy salmon dish.
12. Thai chicken curry in sweet peanut chilli sauce - A fragrant, spicy, nutty feast.
13. Pad Thai - A delicious gluten-free rice-noodle dish.
14. Khao Phad Gai - Popular chicken fried rice.
15. Spicy seafood - Delectable Thai-style seafood curry in a coconut sauce.
16. Massaman curry - A gorgeously fragrant, traditional dish.
17. Chickpea Thai curry - Something for the vegetarians.
Desserts and drinks:
18. Thai roti with banana, cinnamon and condensed milk - A traditional pancake recipe with condensed milk and a twist.
19. Coconut rice with lime syrup - Tropical and exotic.
20. Jasmine and lemongrass tea - A lovely digestif.
21. Coconut milk and lime ice cream - Light and refreshing.
22. Fresh fruit in Ginger syrup - Fruit with a twist.