Heat a little butter in a frying pan, until it isn't foaming anymore.
Whisk the eggs and seasoning together very well, add the water and whisk again quickly.
Pour the eggs immediately into the melted butter in the frying pan.
Swirl the pan around to spread the egg mixture to all the edges. Allow the edges to set. Cover with a lid to cook the top off the omelette as well, checking often.
When the top of the omelette is done to your liking, spoon over your filling. Slide your spatula under one side of your omelette, flip that half over the filling and gently drag/slide your omelette onto your waiting plate.
Garnish and serve immediately.
- Tomato and onions, fried in butter, with seasoning, herbs and a little bit of sugar.
- Add chopped parsley to the omelette mix before cooking, then sprinkle grated cheese over the centre before folding.
- Fry bacon and mushrooms in a little butter. Add some onion to the bacon and mushroom.
- Add fried bacon and add slices of avo.
- Add savoury mince.
- Feta cheese or grated Parmesan cheese.
- Finely chopped left-over braai meat, fried with a little bit of onion in butter
For more of Fired-up Cooking's recipes click here.