I’ve consulted my various weather apps and according to them this weekend is going to be a scorcher in my area. Summer, I love you! With warm weather comes the avid need to light a braai fire and gather the troops. Read these 6 excuses to plan a Summer party if you ever needed one!
We all know that preparation is key so if you’re the sort that forgets to chill your drinks or doesn’t have enough ice on hand, here are some tips to set up a bar station. Number 3 is always top of my list!
When it comes to the food, salads are nowadays often the heroes of a Summer braai (thanks to veggies being a huge trend this year), so it only stands to reason that your menu should include one (or more!) to impress your guests.
These salads will definitely leave their taste buds singing…
1. Beetroot salad with lentils, spinach and goat’s cheese – finished with a balsamic dressing and crushed walnuts.
2. Labneh Fatoush salad – this Middle Eastern style salad incorporates the popular rich cream cheese called labneh.
3. Fresh plum, pancetta and watercresss salad – a heavenly salty sweet combo that is a real crowd-pleaser!
4. Lemony roast courgette and chickpea salad – as the name suggests, a humble salad with simple, easy-to-find ingredients that just work wonders together.
5. Spiced cauliflower salad – loaded with punchy paprika, turmeric and cayenne pepper flavours that give this dish real oomph.
6. Quinoa, chard and halloumi salad – healthy and filling with the halloumi adding a nice cheesiness.
7. Fennel and apple coleslaw – expect fresh and vibrant flavours enhanced by a tangy and creamy mustard yoghurt dressing.
We can't forget the sweet stuff now can we?! Click here to find 4 awesome desserts that you can make on the braai!
Yours in shiny clicking braai tongs and happy tummies