It’s a New Year and that usually means new beginnings.
I’m on a 7 day cleansing detox, so I find myself eating soup when its 35 degrees outside and drinking bananas blended with fat-free milk on Phuza Thursday. *sigh*
So, it’s not just me that will hopefully be getting a fresh new look in 2013, Food24 is in line for one too. We’re going to float your foodie boat this year, and today we’d like some input from you, our readers for the new look.
Things we love about Food24
- Us - isn’t our editor Caro the coolest? Our resident “it” girls, Tess and Shaina and my namesake and 30 Seconds partner Cathy Marston.
- Our awesome recipe hubs. Have you seen our braai page? Jeepers it is bewors! Chicken recipes, summer recipes, healthy recipes, pasta recipes, baking recipes, seafood recipes, curry recipes… ok, I’ll stop.
- We have new restaurants up and on display, not only on our site but also on our Facebook page and on Twitter, so that you know they exist and can comment on them and review them – we want to hear what you think guys!
- Our MOST amazingly talented bloggers… just click here and find out why for yourself. Prepare to drool.
- Our reader restaurant reviews. You can look up any restaurant you are planning to eat at and see what other people think of it.
- Our awesome cooking videos and gorgeous step-by-step galleries. I don’t know about you, but I feel like making that guacamole right now!
- Our opinionated columnists – and while we publish their
rants thoughts – we really do encourage you to have your own say in our comments section.
- Our Twitter and Facebook accounts are very important to us because we can chat to everyone about food and restaurants. We’d love you to join our chat, so follow us for fun food updates.
- Our wine editor and everybody's favourite wino Cathy Marston who recommends top wines for you to drink every day, and who you REALLY should be following on twitter if you have ever enjoyed a drop of wine.
- There's plenty more we love, but I'm running out of space.
Things we’d like to improve
- We'll make the restaurants we list more accessible to you. We’ll improve and streamline our search so that it becomes creepily intuitive when you are looking for somewhere to go and making places easy to find if you'd like to write a review about your dining experience.
- Splitting the country up into regions to make your life easier when looking for restaurants or good specials.
- Making our recipe hubs much more accessible and putting them all over the site for you to see.
We have plenty of clever ideas brewing and we think you'll be very happy.
We’d like your input. Please send us all your likes and gripes, things you love or dislike about Food24. We’d like to know where we can improve the site to make it more user-friendly and interesting to you.
And please no comments about epileptic-fit-inducing banner adverts in the background, our advertisers have recieved our feedback and are working on it.
We welcome constructive criticism and mostly are looking forward to shiny ideas! In fact, the shiniest idea will get a R500 Kalahari.com voucher. How’s that for a start?
So email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and please… don’t hold back… on the great ideas.
Yours in anticipation,