Ok everyone, December is here! Schools are breaking up, companies are throwing their end-of-year office parties, Christmas is approaching faster than you can say ‘glazed gammon’ and I’m turning 30. Gulp.
With all the festive soirees planned, one thing is for sure… fun is on the cards, and we are certain there will be giant platefuls of it!
We know this time of year can often be overwhelming and fraught with over-spending and tension so to ensure you, your friends and family sail through this month with happy bellies, I’ve jotted down a few handy food tips and tricks that might help ease the pressure...
1. Here are 9 ways to cheat your way through Christmas baking this year – no one will ever know you haven’t made your own gingerbread house or Christmas cake!
2. Pack these 10 things to eat at the beach – for the most enviable beach picnic ever!
3. Don’t be without a few idiot-proof festive starters that are ready in 30 mins or less – you’ll need these for those last minute dinner arrangements.
4. Make a few easy frozen Summer desserts – for a very welcome post beach treat.
5. Ensure you know how much booze to buy for a party with this handy guide – (I’ll definitely be needing this for my upcoming birthday bash!)
6. Whip up a few low carb sides for the Banters at your braai – because there’s sure to be at least one person who doesn’t eat garlic bread or potato salad!
7. Busy beautifying your Christmas tree? Why not make some edible decorations in the form of these gorgeous star cookies!
8. Lastly, my simple step-by-step to creating the ultimate charcuterie platter will always stand you in good stead and can be thrown together at a moment’s notice.
In the meantime, I’ll be over here playing Boney M on repeat and munching on mince pies!