Can you believe the food processor has only been around since the late 20th Century? They are like cell phones – you don’t know how you ever survived without one. Well, that’s what it feels like anyway.
Think of it – what else pulverizes something up so fine? It’s one of the best kitchen inventions ever and there’s no shame in using it to your advantage. I bet that it mostly sits untouched on your kitchen counter top – taking up precious space until the occasional moment you need to whip up some pesto or hummus.
Now is the time to change that and give your food processor a real workout! I’ve rounded up a few fun recipes for you to try.
1. Homemade almond milk
2. Curried chicken Scotch eggs
3. Roasted butternut falafel
4. Coconut pie
5. Cheesy flaxseed and cauliflower bread
6. Banana, chocolate and macadamia nut bars
7. Low carb chocolate and coconut fudge
8. Food processor carrot cake
9. Peanut butter bliss balls
10. Gluten-free dark chocolate and banana cake
11. Low carb savoury biscuits
12. Bacon-toppped chicken and spinach meatloaf
13. Pecan maple nut butter
14. Cheesy Pepperdew mielie bread
15. Raspberry and mango ice cream
16. Baked chicken cakes
17. Easy baked mushroom and beef samoosas
18. Chickpea fudge bars
19. Peppermint Crisp marshmallow squares
20. Gluten-free coconut, berry and chia seed muffins
Which one to try first?! Happy blending!