At Food24 we have an online platform where bloggers share their lovely creations with us. This space is often filled with the most scrumptious recipes you'll ever find.
During this season our bloggers jumped onto the festive bandwagon and once again graced us with recipes that are perfect for the holidays.
1. Blogger, Cupcakes and couscous shared one of her traditional family recipes with us - Christmas biscuit tree. This cool idea will definitely be a hit among the little ones and the baking session will make for a fun and festive family activity.
2. This No-bake Christmas fruit cake has been extremely popular since it has been shared and it's obvious why! There's nothing more Christmasy than a fruit cake and this specific one ticks all the right boxes (it requires no baking, it is gluten-free, vegan and unlike most fruit cakes it doesn't have to be made weeks in advance).
3. Baked speculaas donuts traditionally originates from the Netherlands where they are baked early in December and then eaten while the sounds of Christmas carols fill the air... You'll rarely see these lovelies in South Africa, and they taste like Christmas which gives you all the more reason to make them.
4. If you're in search of an edible gift for someone special, this is the one. This rum and raisin chocolate salami is another low-effort, no-bake recipe, bursting with chocolate, rum, chopped nuts, cranberries and devilishly delicious bits and pieces.
5. Another great edible gift would be one of these homemade preserves - sweet chilli tomato jam or spicy fig and plum chutney. The recipient of these edible gifts will be thanking you during the cold Winter months when they will still be able to enjoy fragrant ripe Summer fruits...
6. Luxuriously elegant tarts like this baked blackberry chocolate fondant tart are synonymous with celebrations and the festive season is the time where celebrations of all sorts happens. We can't think of a more perfect way to end off your feast.
7. Summer calls for refreshing drinks like this passion fruit champagne. You also have the option of substituting the bubbly with something non-alcoholic. These are perfect for parties or simply just to have a drink to sip on at home.