I once read a book called 'Constant Craving' that delves into the meanings of food cravings and why one has them. A truly facinating read! The author (a doctor of psychology), explains that each food craving corresponds to an underlying emotion or desire. One of the common cravings that came up was peanut butter – which isn’t an unusual one.
According to the book, a craving for peanut butter usually corresponds to our need or desire for fun - and brings back happy memories of childhood; of being carefree and happy.
There’s much to be said about eating peanut butter straight from the jar (if you’ve never done that, you’re not normal!), however there are times when you might feel the need to share your peanut butter bliss with others and create something a little more special. These recipes will keep any craving at bay and ensure you’re always a hit with your friends.
1.Oreo, peanut butter and dark chocolate squares
2. Healthy peanut butter and banana ice cream
3. Peanut butter brittle milk tart
4. Peanut butter ice cream loaf
5. Peanut butter and jelly cake
6. Gluten and sugar-free peanut butter almond cookies
7. Banana bread with peanut butter frosting
8. Peanut butter and cornflake cookies
9. Chocolate peanut butter mousse tart
10. Healthier banana and peanut butter ice cream
11. Peanut butter Rice Krispie treats
12. Peanut butter filled choux-nuts
13. Chocolate peanut butter cupcakes
14. Peanut butter nougat cookies
- Tessa Purdon