What a year 2014 was. Shew!
Food-wise, we can unequivocally say that 2014 was the year of Banting. We've written about it too many times to count and have learnt a great deal about the LCHF movement in the process. We've even created a dedicated low carb recipe section which is growing by the day.
If you are not avoiding carbs, our dessert recipes are definitely worth checking out! Sometimes I sit with a cup of coffee for a full 20 minutes just scrolling through all the beautiful deliciousness! But let me not get distracted...
We are here to bring you...drumroll... Food24's 20 most popular recipes for 2014!
1. Banting burgers with feta
2. Old fashioned milk tart
3. Pork steaks on cauliflower mash
4. Sweet potato nachos
5. Rosemary, sage and thyme Banting bread
6. Malva pudding cupcakes
7. 1-minute banoffee pies
8. Bangers and cauliflower mash
9. Lemon fridge tart
10. Braai basting sauce
11. Potato lamb hot pot
12. Bacon and cheese macaroni
13. Pan-fried hake with Parmesan
14. Sticky Malva pudding
15. Roast chicken curry
16. The ultimate spare ribs
17. Rib-eye steak with pan fried tomatoes
18. Smashed pea and trout fishcakes
19. Hake curry
20. Macaroni cheese with creamy Bolognaise
What were your favourite recipes on Food24? Tell us in the comments section below.
- Tessa Purdon