We all love a good braai, but sometimes piles of fatty lamb chops and creamy potato bakes can get a bit too much. Let’s start this year off with a braai that is a little lighter whilst still packing a flavour punch.
Click HERE to see more of Food24's brilliant braai recipes!
Try some of these deliciously healthy braai recipes:
1. Fish and chips on the braai – beautiful chunks of fish and sweet potatoes.
2. Tikka fish kebabs – chunks of Yellowtail marinated in spicy yoghurt.
3. Almond and raisin couscous – this is a quick and healthy side dish.
4. Big brown mushrooms stuffed with pesto – a fantastic veggie meal cooked on the braai.
5. Kudu fillet burger – throw these amazing burgers on your braai and enjoy.
6. Roasted sweet potato salad with a ginger dressing – a gorgeous salad with fantastic flavour.
7. Gingered ostrich and apricot skewers – sear these babies on the coals for a scrumptious venison fix.
8. Roast pepper salad – a colourful side dish to perk up any party.
9. Mexican spiced chicken breasts with corn salsa – this is a meal in one, roll up and devour.
10. Braaied nectarine parcels – a fruity and delicious dessert over the flames.
ALSO READ: 15 of the very best braai side dishes