Following a low-carb lifestyle isn't difficult. Just ditch the carbs. Sounds easier said than done, right? We all have those cravings for something starchy, stodgy and carb-olicious. That's when you need to get creative.
A few tweaks to some veggies and you won't even miss pasta, potatoes, rice or bread.
1. Chinese style cauli rice - Banters don't have to miss out!
2. Cauli-rice - Cauliflower “rice” is a low-carb cornerstone.
3. Cauliflower 'couscous'- A Middle Eastern delight.
4. Beef and mushroom cauliflower risotto - Healthier risotto made with cauliflower rice.
5. Sushi hand rolls with turnip rice - Make your own healthy, low-carb sushi at home with this fun recipe.
1. Cauli-mash - Mashed potato Banting substitute = "Fauxtato"
2. Bangers and cauliflower mash - Bangers with a healthy cauliflower mash and caramelised onions.
1. Courgettelli or courgettini - Pasta Banting substitute = "pastatute"
2. Curry cream chicken with courghetti - Marvel at the amazing similarity the courghetti has to real spaghetti as you twirl and twist your fork through the tangle of deliciousness.
3. Courgette spaghetti and meatballs - With Neapolitan sauce, this is a winner.
4. Creamy mushrooms and zucchini pasta - Warms bowls of healthy meat-free veggies.
Craving bread or bready things?
1. LCHF cheesy zucchini bread - Unbelievably tasty, moist and so easy to prepare. It is light and airy but feels “carby” which definitely curbs that craving when it hits.
2. Nutty courgette loaf - LCHF bread for Banters.
3. Rosemary, sage and thyme Banting bread - You won't believe this bread is low-carb!
4. LCHF avo and coconut bread - Try this wheat and gluten-free loaf.
5. Low-carb toasted sarmies - A speedy and affordable solution to soothe your craving.
6. Banting burgers with feta - Topped with creamy avo and cherry tomatoes.Yum!
7. Cauliflower pizza with mushrooms - Delicious cauliflower based pizza topped with fresh brown mushrooms and prosciutto.
How do you curb your starch cravings when Banting?
Read more on: