If you’re anything like me and turn to comfort food when the temperature plummets, then you’ll know that the only thing that brings a smile and a sigh of relief is something warm, something rich and something sweet.
Cue: Winter puddings!
I’m not going to say much more because hopefully merely looking at the words will entice you to whip up one (or more!) of these puddings this weekend when the weather is reported to get worse
(not sure if that’s possible).
Grab your favourite hot drink
for this and get comfy on the couch…
1. Malva Pudding
– the absolute crowd-pleaser. Serve hot with cold custard
2. Caramel apple crumble
– actually, ANYTHING caramel
3. Poached pears with cinnamon ice cream
– fruit is great for poaching in Winter. It becomes soft and tender and the aroma while they’re cooking is simply heavenly!
4. Bread and butter pudding
– a classic that cannot be overlooked.
5. Apricot clafoutis
– (pronounced kla-foo-tee), a French dessert made by layering some fresh fruit and topping it with batter before baking.
6. Spiced Cape brandy pudding
– don’t be stingy with the brandy!
7. Gluten-free chocolate puddings
– make them in individual servings for a sophisticated touch.
8. Sticky caramel baked puddings
– served in cute, rustic tin moulds.
9. Gooey chocolate microwave brownie puddings
– a real mouthful… in more ways than one!
10. Irresistible pecan pies
– crisp, short pastry mingled with crunchy nuts in a sweet, syrupy sauce.
My favourite is apple crumble - with lots of cinnamon! What's yours?