The hardest things to give up when going low-carb or grain-free are often the baked sweet things.
It seems almost impossible that delicious 'sweet' treats can be low in sugar and carbs, gluten-free, delicious, and healthier than their carb-laden cousins, but with some recipe tweaks, it is possible!
Here are our top 11 low-carb desserts
1. Milk tart ice cream - Moreish Banting ice cream.
2. Pumpkin and pecan nut ice cream - Try out this pumpkinlicious new flavour.
3. Elderflower cream puddings - If you can’t get elderflowers, you can easily adapt the recipe for any edible summer bloom, such as rose petals or lavender.
4. Low-carb lemon meringue - Grain-free, zesty and refreshing, crowned with perfect fluffy clouds of meringue that take your taste buds on a journey of citrus bliss.
5. Banting Milk tart - Tried and tested and loved by Banters and non-Banters alike. Gluten-free too!
6. LCHF ricotta tart - A little bit of sweetness is always a treat when going low-carb.
7. LCHF chocolate and raspberry cheesecake - A real Banting treat.
8. LCHF granadilla cheesecake - Take advantage when it's granadilla season.
9. Flourless chocolate cherry Swiss roll - It’s like black forest cake meets Swiss roll.
10. Low carb chocolate cake - Fudgy, dark, gluten-free and covered with glistening ganache.
11. Chocolate creme de la creme cake - This luxe cake will float through your Banting dreams; but it's not a dream - it's low-carb high-fat perfection!
Which is your favourite?
Read more on: