A lot of people have the assumption that chicken is a boring option when choosing meat for dinner. And yes – it can be if there’s nothing done to it. No fresh herbs? No spices? No seasoning? This often just results in a dry, rubbery, bland piece of protein that struggles to make its way down your gullet.
Here are 7 vibrant chicken recipes that are easy to prepare and are ready in a jiff.
1. Asian chicken salad – adorned with fragrant herbs, a smidge of chilli and crunchy cashew nuts for texture.
2. Chicken, quinoa and courgette salad – this salad is quick and healthy to boot!
3. Gourmet grilled chicken breast – perfect when you’re cooking for 1.
4. Shredded chicken, strawberry and Gorgonzola pitas – strong, contrasting flavours turn this simple meal into a showstopper!
5. Chicken broccoli soup with minted Mozzarella ciabatta toasts – make this when the weather turns chilly.
6. Sundried tomato, pesto and chicken pasta – the first mouthful will take you straight to Italy.
7. Chicken mayo cheese melts - like a grilled cheese sandwich, only way better!
8. Peanut sesame chicken - a comforting bowl of rice noodles enhanced with Thai peanut chicken.
- Tessa Purdon
Read more on: