We all know that popping bottles of champagne on New Year's Eve is the norm (read: These are the bubbles you need for New Year's Eve), but we bet that you'll be keen on enjoying a few trendy cocktails too.
Pinterest recently revealed that alcohol as an art form will be big in 2017. According to the analysis of their "search and save activity", more and more people have been searching and saving pins that are related to mixology and how to make your cocktail look like a work of art.
ALSO READ: Pinterest releases their official annual trend report and we're loving it!
Making your cocktails look pretty with cool garnishes and colours etc is not that difficult and with the right tools and ingredients it won't take much effort either.
DIY cocktail recipes
Fizzy festive berry cocktail
Twisted margarita Turkish delight martinis
1. If you aren't keen on adding too much ice to your drink why not opt for frozen fruit instead? Making these frozen fruit skewers is also a fun and fruity way to add some colour and flavour.
2. On the subject of keeping your drinks cold, you will need an ice bucket! This floral and fruity DIY ice bucket will make for an awesome party feature and it's a super trendy way of keeping your drinks cold. Just bear in mind that it will melt, sooner or later, so display it on a tray which will catch the water as it melts.
ALSO READ: 6 Ideas that you'll want to steal for your next Summer party
3. Add a flavoursome rim to your glass by simply dipping it in some syrup and some sugar. You can always tweek the ingredients according to your preference and add some edible glitter.
4. Your ingredients are the most important thing, so stock up and make use of good quality liquor, mixers, fresh herbs and fruits.
5. Get creative with your ice cubes - add in some edible flowers. On their own, these flowers will also make a pretty garnish.
6. If you're going for a tropical feel, swap your mason jar or glass for a pineapple cup.
7. Go wild with colours and layers!
ALSO READ: Make your own blue lagoon cocktail
ALSO READ: Great tips on how much booze to buy for a party
Share your creative cocktail creations with us! Upload the pictures to and tag us on Facebook and Twitter @food24 | Instagram @food24_sa
- Chante Felix