What’s the best thing to ease the trauma of having to wake up in the morning? A warm comforting cup of coffee …or tea. The second best thing about waking up is… eating breakfast! You don’t eat breakfast? Shame. It’s really one of life’s most greatest pleasures, especially when you don’t have to rush it.1. Pumpkin pie waffles with orange and brandy syrup
Yesterday was National #EatWhatYouWantDay and it got me thinking about what I would choose. I settled on breakfast! And I’m not talking about a chipped bowl of soggy cornflakes with borderline sour milk. I’m picturing a giant spread of all my favourite things – a breakfast feast with bacon, perfectly cooked eggs, waffles, pastries, muffins, nutty granola, omelettes and scones with beautiful jams and cheeses.
With all this breakfast inspiration swirling around – we thought we’d pull together some indulgent brekkie recipes (ignore calorie count!) for you to tuck into this weekend or…whenever.
Life is short - eat breakfast.
Now grab your cup of coffee and let’s jump in!
2. Naan breakfast pizza
3. Breakfast springrolls – filled with cheese and bacon
4. Apple cinnamon crumble muffins
5. Cream cheese pancakes *Banting-friendly
6. Banana pecan crumpets
7. Chocolate and blueberry nice cream
8. Beef and goat’s cheese jaffles
9. Scotch eggs
10. Churros French Toast stack
11. Bacon peanut butter banana bread
12. Chocolate and cinnamon chia puddings
13. Toast with whisky vanilla marmalade
14.Strawberry polenta cakes
15. Poached egg on pancetta with mixed mushrooms *Banting-friendly
16. Marmite cheese scones
17. Nutella and peach braid
18. Croissant bread and butter pudding
19. Sweet potato rosti with Russian sausages
20. Toasted cheese sandwich
21. Bacon ‘nests’ with eggs, spinach and feta *Banting-friendly
22. Potato and bacon frittata
23. Bacon and egg pie
24. Chorizo and asparagus egg bake
25. Apple and raisin oat crumble
Anyone hungry yet?
- Tessa Purdon