(Images: on left, Lose It cookbook; on right Heinstirred)
The festive season is almost drawing to an end, and getting in the swing of things after about a month long festive indulgence can be quite tricky. But it isn't only the festive season that brings with it delicious food, other celebrations like birthdays, Valentine's Day or simply gatherings of friends, call for delightful dishes.
READ: 10 Sarmies to make weekday lunches more exciting
2016 spoiled us with scrumptious food trends from popular bowls to drool-worthy mash ups. According to our 2017 food trends prediction, foods such as basic vegetables, Indian tapas, and exotic juices will reign supreme this year. One thing's for sure, food is on a direct path to greatness as it continues to thrill the senses with new innovations and ideas.
Food24 have compiled 17 phenomenal dishes suitable for all year-round eating pleasure.
1. Smoky Joe’s beef fillet with salsa verde - Friday night dinner with friends
2. Ravioli pasta bake - for a family weeknight meal
3. Zucchini Labneh tart - weekend lunch
4. Chorizo and potato frittata - weekend breakfast
5. Persian love cake - Valentines Day
6. Cheat’s chicken biryani - For warming Winter weekends or weeknights.
7. Boerewors phyllo wheel - for a braai.
8. Za’atar lamb chops with stuffed aubergines - impress the guests at your dinner party.
9. Chocolate meringue pie - for a dinner party dessert.
10. Funfetti cake - for a birthday.
11. Lasagne cupcakes - make these for a party or crowd.
12. Mussels with leeks and bacon - dinner or lunch for any season.
13. Passion fruit champagne - the ultimate celebration drink, perfect for those champagne breakfasts.
14. Rocky road - fun for a kids party.
15. Yoghurt orange tart - low carb and sweet? Try this dessert!
16. Falafel with freekeh tabouleh salad and a yoghurt tahini sauce - a healthy vegetarian dish.
17. Spelt flatbreads with spiced roasted chickpeas and cauliflower - a wonderful and flavourful vegetarian meal for lunch or dinner.
To see more from the blogger included in this list, click here.
Follow Food24 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.