If you're Banting, you will know that regular potato chips and savoury biscuits are on the no-go list as they're filled with carbs. You have to get creative with snacks...
It's easy to turn salty snacks into delicious low-carb treats. These moreish morsels are hard to say no to so take care if you're watching your waistline!
Top 13 Banting savoury snacks
1. Brussels sprout chips - With chilli and Parmesan.
2. Coconut and Parmesan crumbed mushrooms - Delicious low-carb, crunchy goodness.
3. Crunchy kale chips - Easy to make, these chips are light, super crunchy and salty and even more delicious topped with a dollop of hummus!
4. Sweet potato nachos - Swap the corn chips for some sweet potatoes.
5. Savoury spiced waffles - Chermoula is a North African spice mixture. These are not as crunchy as regular waffles due to the lack of flour but they are loaded with flavour,
6. Savoury biscuits - With a spicy ricotta dip. These are great for snacking, entertaining or adding to cheese and charcuterie platters.
7. LCHF onion rings - With a chili and sour cream dip. These little fried bites of yumminess are utterly divine.
8. Cucumber sandwiches - Banters don't need to miss out on the simple things in life, like sandwiches.
9. LCHF mozzarella sticks - Warm stringy cheese oozing out of a crispy casing.
10. Courgette blinis with cream cheese and smoked salmon - A sophisticated crowd-pleaser - and Banting to boot!
11. Mini soufflé frittatas - A perfect snack, breakfast or picnic eat with bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms.
12. LCHF quiche muffins - A Banter's best friend!
13. LCHF cheese tacos - With spicy mince and sour cream. A bit tricky to make but they are worth the effort.
Which have you tried?