A vibrant dish of seafood, be it salmon, prawns, haddock, oysters or mussels, offers a glorious alternative for chicken and red meat.
Seafood can be classified as any edible animal living under the sea and beside it being satisfyingly toothsome (when cooked right) it comes with a plethora of health benefits!
ALSO READ: 16 of the best sushi spots in SA
Celeb chef, Jamie Oliver, shared two tips for buying seafood, on his blog. He says that you should get to know your fishmonger so that you'll be comfortable asking for advice as to what's local and sustainable. The second tip is to eat the fish on the day that it's bought, unless you're planning to ferment it (pickling, smoking etc).
Check out these gorgeous seafood recipes - perfect for Summer!
2. Festive prawns on the braai
3. 3-minute microwave pesto fish
4. Prawn bake with feta and fennel-chilli butter
5. Marinated grilled fish with tomato and mango salsa
6. Mussels in white wine and garlic with frites.
7. Teriyaki tuna steaks with sautéed greens
8. Fishcakes with barley salad and lemon drizzle
9. Salt and pepper calamari
10. Prawn, calamari and avocado salad
11. Honey and soy glazed salmon
WATCH: How to make low carb fish tacos