When I think wraps, I think:
- Quick Hand food (can be eaten on the go)
- Variety (so many ingredients and flavour options!)
There’s nothing better than wolfing down a giant wrap when you’re hungry. All that delicious goodness, encased in a soft blanket of flatbread.
Legend has it that wraps (like many great culinary masterpieces) came about by accident. A waitress by the name of Beth Dolan in Connecticut served the first wrap in a restaurant when she had discovered the restaurant had run out of bread. History aside, the greatest thing about wraps has to be the choice of filling. Your imagination is let free to combine all your favourite flavours into one meal! Or use up leftovers from the fridge. You can pretty much create a feast in just a matter of minutes.
If you’re in need of some wrap inspiration, we’re here to help!
1. Tandoori chicken and cucumber wraps - Indian flavours mingle with the refreshing taste of cucumber and coriander.
2. Chorizo and sweet potato wraps – salty, spicy and sweet.
3. Grilled chicken and tabbouleh wraps – herb filled and healthy!
4. Thai rice paper wraps – Give them an Asian twist!
5. Caramelised red onion, rocket and goat’s cheese wraps – vegetarian and yum!
6. Seared steak wraps - make sure you have the highest quality meat. It will make all the difference.
7. Haloumi wraps with curried peach chutney – the cheese is crumbed to make it deliciously crispy!
8. Easy Mexican beef wraps – Mexican food is a big trend this year.
9. Baked chicken lettuce wraps – the LCHF version.
10. Chinese-style chicken wraps – with spring onions and a tasty Hoisin sauce.
- Tessa Purdon
Read more on: