Munching on a handful of assorted nuts can be beneficial for your health as they contain essential fats. They make a great snack to combat cravings and they also are brilliant additions to meals like cashews in curry or shaved almonds in a pesto pasta. They're also easily stored so storage is easy for work or home. Remember when snacking, always go for the raw nuts for the healthiest option.
Different nuts contain different nutritional benefits: almonds contain vitamin E which contributes to healthy looking skin; walnuts are rich in omega-3; Brazil nuts are good for those with a slow acting thyroid as they are rich in selenium; and the popular pecan nut helps reduce a high cholesterol.
Here are some of our recipes that keep things a bit nutty.
1. Almonds - Orange and almond torte
2. Walnuts - Crunchies with walnuts
3. Pine nuts - ”Courgetti” with peas, pancetta and Goat’s Cheese
4. Roasted peanuts - Nutty crunch biscuits
5. Mixed nuts - LCHF chocolate and coconut fudge
6. Pecan nuts - Sweet potato pecan breakfast bake
7. Pecan nuts - Caramel popcorn ice cream cake
8. Pecan nuts - Irresistible pecan pies
9. Pecan nuts - Chicken, quinoa and courgette salad
10. Pecan nuts - Nutty courgette loaf
- Mandy Blankenberg