Many things, like tiredness, emotions or hormones can cause you to crave something sweet. If you are Banting or have watched That Sugar Film, you'll know how bad sugar is for your health.
There's no need to feel deprived because there are other ways to satisfy your craving. Here are our top picks for nutrient dense, bite size snacks that will curb your sweet tooth. As an added bonus, these Banting treats are also gluten-free, and a little kinder to your teeth than their sugary counterparts.
Top 10 Banting sweet treats
1. Berry popsicles - Low-carb fruity treats.
2. Chocolate and coconut fudge - you won't be able to resist these.
3. Low carb chocolate bombs - Melt-in-your-mouth Banting goodness.
4. Paleo chocolate eggs - LCHF treats.
5. Ginger fat bombs - Tasty, spicy delicious bites.
6. Rooibos tea gummies - These little gummies are the jelly version of the “fat bombs” that are so well known in the LCHF diet.
7. Low carb marzipan truffles - So tasty you won't miss the sugar.
8. Mini blueberry and ricotta cakes - The blueberries provide just enough sweetness to satisfy a sweet tooth. Gluten-free too.
9. Coconut blueberry muffins - Perfect snacks without the sugar spike.
10. Banting brownies - A decadent, gluten-free, low-carb treat.
Which will you be whipping up?
Read more on: