The top 20 based purely on stats.
From January to December, here is a list of the top 20 single recipes visited and enjoyed on Food24.
To note: This list is based purely on statistics ie: how many times the page was visited.
It's very interesting to see that the good ol' favourites are called upon, time and time again. People like to keep things simple and tasty and love the traditional. These recipes reflect just that.
1. Amarula malva pudding - Shew, you can't really beat that right? Blogged initially on Fired-Up Cooking SA - amazing recipe.
2. Sticky chicken on braai - A corker of a recipe by Bits of Carey.
3. Ultimate lamb curry - A great recipe by the lovely Sarah Graham. Author of her first cookbook, bitten.
4. Peppermint Crisp tart - Now this is a South African classic. Sponsored by Pick n Pay and was created by Fresh Living magazine.
5. Ultimate spare ribs - A wonderful recipe from The FoodBitch, our ever controversial writer and serious foodie. Read The FoodBitch's articles.
6. Chutney chicken wings – Another lovely recipe from Bits of Carey. She really is the queen of down-to-earth, finger-licking food.
7. Potato salad – Simple is key people! A recipe by Pistaches et Chocolat.
8. Creamy chicken and potato curry – A gorgeous and simply delicious recipe by one of our favourite foodies, Simply Delicious. Author of her first book, Simple & Delicious.
9. Death by chocolate cake - An indulgent recipe from Jamie and his Jozi restaurant, LoveFoodKitchen.
10. Fruity chicken bake - A delightful family-friendly recipe from the famed Nina Timm from My Easy Cooking.
11. Mushroom macaroni and cheese - Take a mac 'n cheese and give it wings. Bits of Carey does it again.
12. Prego rolls - Crusty Portuguese rolls filled with garlicky,sticky, lip-smacking meat.
13. Healthy chicken pie - A great way to get to know a chicken pie... the healthy way. Recipe by daily dose of fresh.
14. Old fashioned milk tart - A true SA classic in the old fashioned way. Recipe by Bits of Carey.
15. Milk tart shooters - Mitzi Reddy wrote this very popular recipe, what a winner!
16. Old fashioned roast chicken - What's more homely than a good old fashioned roast chicken? Recipe by Men’s Health.
17. Creamy mash -
Silky, smooth and creamy mashed potatoes with melted butter, mmm. Recipe by My Easy Cooking.
18. Creamy potato and butternut cake - This is the perfect accompaniment to your braai by the amazing My Easy Cooking.
19. Chicken pot pies - Gorgeous little chicken pot pies for everyone. Again, by My Easy Cooking.
20. Easy chicken breyani - Another simple and delicious recipe by Nina Timm from My Easy Cooking.
Well done to all those bloggers whose recipes were so well 'thumbed'!
- Caro de Waal