The Mail online reported that a man bought a burger in 1999 and placed it in his jacket pocket. He then forgot all about it.
' 'It wasn't on purpose,' Whipple told TV show 'The Doctors,' of his decision to keep the burger for such a long time.
'I was showing some people how
enzymes work and I thought a hamburger would be a good idea. And I used
it for a month and then I forgot about it.
ended up in a paper sack in the original sack with the receipt in my
coat pocket tossed in the back of my truck and it sat there for, I don't
know, two or three months.'
He said his coat ended up in the coat closet of his Logan, Utah, home.
No sign of mould or fungus
The burger had no signs of mould,
fungus or even a strange odor, the show's hosts said. The only thing
that had changed over the years was that the pickle had disintegrated.
who still has the original receipt for the burger, said he now shows
the sandwich to his grandchildren to encourage them to eat healthily.
'It's great for my grand-kids to see. To see what happens with fast food,' he said.'What do you think of this scary find?