Drop some starch-based batter on a hot griddle or pan and it's instant magic. Delicious smells waft through the air as tiny bubbles form a lace-like network through a round, flat, thin pancake.
Whatever name they go by; crêpes or pancakes can be enjoyed at any time, but they are always a hit for breakfast. The variety of fillings and toppings are endless.
Here are some lip-smacking suggestions
1. Buttermilk pancakes - Saturdays call for hearty pancakes with lots of syrup.
2. Healthy oatmeal pancakes - These are sugar-free and take only minutes to prepare.
3. Blueberry pancakes - These pancakes guarantee the only thing blue about your morning will be the berries.
4. Black cherry and dark chocolate pancakes - Decadent dark chocolate with a dark cherry sauce. Warm and fantastic.
5 Smoked salmon with buttermilk pancakes - Savoury pancakes perfect for starters.
6. Gluten-free buckwheat pancakes - Buckwheat is not a grain, but a fruit seed, and makes for delectable pancakes.
7. Pancakes with creamed spinach - A quick and easy vegetarian meal.
8. Milk tart pancakes - Cinnamon sugar pancakes with a creamy milktart filling; the food of angels.
9. Sweetcorn breakfast pancakes - Sweetcorn pancakes topped with crisp pancetta and grilled cherry tomatoes.
10. Folded Island pancakes - A tropical Malaysian snack.
11. Parmesan pancakes with blue cheese mushroom filling - Swap the blue cheese for cheddar and add fillings according to your taste.
12. Pancakes with coconut filling - Perfect pancakes for an anytime treat.
13. Choc-Chip Pancakes With Honey Sauce - Start the day off with an indulgent stack of choc-chip pancakes dripping in honey sauce.
14. American hot apple and mascarpone pancakes with maple syrup - An absolute indulgence.
15. Low GI pancakes - A healthy treat for everyone.
What's your favourite pancake filling?
Read more on: