Girl almost dies from liquid nitrogen cocktail

A teenage girl has had her stomach removed after drinking a liquid nitrogen cocktail.

Liquid nitrogen cocktail


According to The Mirror, a young British girl celebrating her 18th birthday was rushed to hospital after drinking a cocktail containing liquid nitrogen at a bar in Lancaster on Thursday night.

Gaby Scanlon reported feeling breathless after drinking the cocktail, which also contained Jagermeister, and was rushed to hospital where doctors had to remove her perforated stomach in order to save her life.

According to The Mirror management at Oscars Wine Bar and Bistro, which served the drink said in a statement they could not comment due to the probe.

They added: “We are tremendously concerned for the person involved and our heartfelt, best wishes go out to them and their family at this distressing time.”

Trendy and dangerous...

Most people's immediate reaction to the story is "duh, who would drink liquid nitrogen?" - but the fact is these cocktails have been available for almost 6 years (in the USA) - so where do we draw the line when it comes to serving up the most interesting/bizarre drinks?

We are just very relieved she got to the hospital on time. Read the full story here.

What do you think? Should the bar be held responsible?


 

Results

 
NEXT ON FOOD24X

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
4 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining
 
 
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.