The genius who invented the majestic vending machine needs a high five, because it's literally been such a life-saver in so many situations.
What a relief when you just need a quick snack, but can’t afford to leave the office, and the vending machine in your office comes to the rescue. In South Africa we have very basic vending machines where you’ll often find soda, coffee, chips and sweets.
Elsewhere, things have been taken up quite a few notches and the items you’ll find in vending machines are out of this world! (or should I say country?) Japan, in particular, takes the cake with the amount of weird and outrageous food items that are available.
The most exciting vending machine that I’ve come across in SA is a cute machine that dispenses mini toiletries. This, compared to vending machines dispensing live crabs is nothing! SA should step up their vending machine game, I say!
1. Pizza vending machine in Europe. Let's Pizza makes the pizza from scratch - kneads the dough, adds toppings and then bakes them in less than three minutes.
2. Caviar vending machine in Las Vegas and it can also be found in shopping malls in California. This is definitely not quite the usual, lunch break food you'd purchase from the food court.
3. Cupcake vending machine in America. New York, Atlanta, Chicago and Houston are only three out of the 21 places where this cute machine can be found.
4. Salad vending machine in Chicago. This veggie machine is made from recycled material and reclaimed wood. It gets re-stocked with fresh salads every weekday.
5. Burrito vending machine in Los Angeles. The Burrito box whips up hot burritos in 90 seconds.
6. Fast food vending machine in Amsterdam. French fries, beverages and hamburgers can all be purchased on the cheap.
7. Hot dog vending machine in America (where else?!).
Seen any crazy, out-there vending machines on your travels? Let us know about it in the comments below!
- Chante Felix