Tired of just "a lolly to make you jolly" and a "sucker to make you wakker" when you're spending a long, hot, tiresome day at the beach? You need that energy to keep your blood sugar levels stable!
Put that cooler box and ice packs to good use. Packing a beach picnic is worth the extra effort.
1. Mini frittatas - High in protein, filling, and tasty.
2. Mini meatballs - More tasty protein.
3. Cumin and lemon biscuits - Delicious, savoury, crunchy bites.
4. Peanut and raisin squares - Something sweet, and not too guilt-laden.
5. Banana pecan muffins - Healthier than the average, store-bought variety.
6. Falafel - A vegetarian treat.
7. Mini soufflé frittata - A gourmet delight.
8. Frozen fruit skewers - Healthy, healthy, healthy!
9. Mini pita burgers - The perfect hand-held snack.
10. Mini spinach and tomato quiches - Vegetarian goodness.
What's your favourite treat to take to the beach?
Don't forget the ice water!
Read more on: