This November we are welcoming Summer in a little earlier with our exciting Fairtrade Summer Wine Promotion. The promotion aims to increase awareness on the impact of Fairtrade wine and to show wine drinkers that when they opt for Fairtrade wines they are actively voting for the promotion of ethical and sustainable wine grape production in South Africa.
What's happening during the promotion:
1. Scoop up a limited edition mixed case of Fairtrade wine that will be available exclusively on Cybercellar.com for the month of November only
2. Toast to Summer with a glass of Fairtrade wine at a restaurant (Col'Cacchio, Spur, Tashas) or buy your favourite Fairtrade vino and enjoy the sunset – Fairtrade wines are available at all leading retailers.
3. Visit our website and read how buying a bottle of Fairtrade wine creates opportunities, empowers workers and enriches farm communities in the Western Cape.
4. Follow Fairtrade on Facebook and Twitter for lip-smacking recipes, tips on how to pair your wine with your favourite meal, and helpful hints for when you’re cooking with wine from Fairtrade Ambassador, Reuben Riffel.
5 reasons why you should buy Fairtrade wine
1. When you buy a Fairtrade wine, 70 c of the price you pay goes directly into the hand of farm workers. If every adult in South African bought one bottle of Fairtrade wine in November, over 26 million rand will be invested in the improvement of life in the winelands.
2 The impact of Fairtrade is real and visible, and gives better opportunities to the new generations.
3. By buying a Fairtrade wine you are supporting sustainable farming in South Africa and the world around.
4. Two thirds of the 20 million litres of Fairtrade wine sold globally come from South Africa! With your support we can show the world that we are the leaders in ethical and sustainable wine making!
5. Does one really need an excuse to drink more wine? We’ve got one more for you! Did you know that our Fairtrade wines win medals all over the world, as well as at local competitions like the Michelangelo International Wine Awards. Now, that’s the way to combine quality with sustainability.
FAIRTRADE WINE BRANDS AVAILABLE IN SOUTH AFRICA
• De Bos
• Earthbound (organic)
• Fives Reserve
• Fairview’s Goats do Roam
• House of Mandela Thembu Collection
• Place in the Sun
• Rhythms of Nature
• Six Hats
• Thandi Wines (1st Fairtrade wine in the world)
To stay updated on all the Fairtrade vino related info, discounts and special promotions happening throughout November, visit the Fairtrade website.
Read more on: