It seems like coffee is one heck of a versatile ingredient! Just when we thought we’d seen it all in the form of beer-flavoured coffee, nitro coffee and cold brew coffee, along comes the new coffee format...flour (yes - the type that you bake cakes with).
According to Huffington Post, this brand new patented flour was created by a nutritionist and a biophysicist by the name of Daniel Perlman.
Things you should know about coffee flour:
- It’s made by roasting green coffee beans at a lower temperature than normal so that the powerful antioxidant, chlorogenic acid isn’t lost (which is what usually happens in normal coffee roasting process).
- Coffee flour is made from the actual coffee fruit and is therefore totally gluten-free.
- The flavour is more nutty as opposed to tasting just like a brewed cup of coffee.
- Coffee flour is used mainly for an enhancement in nutrients and flavour rather than a direct substitute for regular all-purpose flour.
- 4 grams of coffee flour is equal to 1 cup of coffee!
Read more about coffee flour here and here.