I'm not sure about you but the end of a hot Summer’s day is not the same without a refreshing cocktail, glass of wine or well-chilled beer. It forces one to relax and ease into the evening at a much slower pace.
The run-up to Christmas and the end of the year means that festive celebrations are plenteous. Here are some great drink ideas to serve at your next get-together.
1. Pink gin fizz – your guests will love this refreshing aperitif that’s classy and pretty to look at.
2. Plum and ginger sangria – fruity with a kick from the ginger. Make a large pitcher of this and just keep topping it up.
3. Classic margarita – you can’t go wrong with a classic. Ensure you have the good tequila on hand.
4. Mighty Christie – Here’s a cocktail that combines beer, tequila, schnapps and whiskey. Oh boy!
5. Gin and tonic – Sometimes the summer heat just has us crying out for a thirst-quenching G and T. We give you permission to have a couple.
6. Watermelon vodkatini – Summer in a glass!
7. These 5 rose wines – so chic right now. Get a few bottles and serve them well-chilled.
As always, don’t drink and drive. There are plenty of specialised taxi services at your disposal this season. Use them.