South Africa’s Wine List of the Year Awards 2012
Food24, in partnership with MSquared, proudly announces the inaugural South Africa’s Wine List of the Year Awards. The awards will be the most inclusive awards to date, giving every restaurant, even ones with a smaller wine list, the chance to win. And you can enter online right now!
Organised by industry leaders, Michael Olivier and Michael Bampfield-Duggan, South Africa’s Wine List of the Year Awards aim to be the standard accolade for any restaurant which cares about serving good wine to its customers.
Five good reasons why YOUR restaurant should enter:
1. Value for money – for little more than the cost of one meal, a restaurant has access to a year’s marketing and exposure across Food24, Africa’s biggest wine and food website.
2. Direct downloadable links to your menu and wine list on Food24’s comprehensive restaurant directory.
3. Ongoing marketing activity through the Food24 site, associated 24.com sites and various other social media such as Twitter and Facebook.
4. No restrictive entry conditions – any restaurant which sells wine is able to enter.
5. Experienced judges evaluating your wine list.
All entrants will have their wine lists and menus listed on their Food24 listings which will increase traffic to the restaurants websites through South Africa’s largest wine and food portal. There will also be extensive media coverage on Food24 and News24 national media, and social media such as Twitter and Facebook.
All lists will be scored by an experienced team of judges and elegant award certificates will be awarded to category winners, who will be flagged on the Food24 website, plus prizes for category winners.
Short Wine List 20 to 40 wines
Medium Wine List 41 to 80 wines
Long Wine List over 81 wines
DOWNLOAD YOUR ENTRY PACKAGE HERE:
For scoring guidlines
Scoring guidelines for The South African Wine List Awards 2012 - LONG LIST
Scoring guidelines for The South African Wine List Awards 2012 - MEDIUM LIST
Scoring guidelines for The South African Wine List Awards 2012 - SHORT LIST
TO COMPLETE YOUR ENTRY:
In order to finalise your entry you need to download the entry form - fill it out and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with:
- A copy of your current wine list and your current food menu IN PDF FORMAT (or similar).
- a photograph of a usual place setting showing glassware.
Entry per wine list is a once off payment of R450 (banking details are available on the entry form).
Competition closes 31 May 2012. Winners announced on Food24 during the first week of July.
further information email: email@example.com or click here.
For full terms and conditions click here.
This competition closed on Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 12:00:00 PM
This competition is closed.
- Entry to South Africa’s Wine List Awards 2012 [SAWLA] is open to all licensed restaurant venues, hotels, wine bars, pubs, game lodges and trains.
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions.
- By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or over.
- Should any entrant operate more than one winelist, such winelists being complementary to each other, they should be entered as a composite entry covered by one entry form and they will be judged as a single entry.
- To qualify for entry the Winelist should contain a minimum of the wines indicated percategory and a stock holding of which may reasonably be expected to be consumed in ten days.
- The wine list should be in use at the time of entry into the competition and all wines should be available for a minimum of 4 months after the receipt of entry.
- Judging will focus on the pages featuring the available wines of the establishment. Inserts featuring special offers, auction or rare wines and a drinks trolley should be included.
- Responsibility for organising and administering the Awards is vested in MSquared and whose decision on the intent, application and interpretation of the rules is final.
- Upon submission of entry form and payment of entry fee, the participant automatically confirms acceptance of these terms and conditions and represents an unconditional agreement to abide by them.
- Should any participant suffer loss of any kind and for whatever reason as a result of such participation, such as expenses or liabilities resulting therefrom, these shall be for his own account and any right to claim against MSquared or Food24 is automatically waived through the act of participation.
- MSquared reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel all or parts of these rules at any stage between the announcement of the results and the issuing of entry forms for the following years Awards.
- The right is also reserved to disqualify entries in the interest of eliminating artificial advantage [e.g. a proprietor using reserve stocks common to more than one restaurant so that entries for each restaurant are submitted in one or more categories].
- The results of judging by appointed independent specialists shall be final and no discussion or communication regarding results will be entered into by MSquared or food24.